gerund vs infinitive

Are you ready (to go - going)?
Don't forget we've got a bus (to catch - catching)
I don't want (to be - being) late.
They expect us (to arrive - arriving) at 7.
Do you know where (to go - going)?
I must (to finish - finishing - finish) this homework.
Our English teacher make us (to work - working - work) very hard.
I'd better ( do - doing - to do) it tonight, although I'd rather (go - going - to go) out.

I'm glad (to see - seing) you all.
The game was exciting (to watch - watching).
It would be more interesting (to go out - going out).
The Top Club is the easiest (to find - finding).
This piano is too heavy (to move - moving).
I'm not strong enough (to lift - lifting) it.
It's good of you (to come - coming)
It was silly of Peter (not to tell - not telling) anyone.

Have you got a book (to read - reading)
I need something (to eat - eating)
I have some letters (to write - writing)

I've decided (to take - taking) a course in nursing.
I hope (to get - getting) a job near here.
I want to find somewhere (to live - living)
We've arranged (to look - looking) at a flat tomorrow.

Andy's father won't allow him (to use - using) the car.
I persuaded my boss (to pay - paying) me more money.
No one expected him (to win - winning).
Jill's aunt invited her (to stay - staying) for the weekend.
Do you want me (to cook - cooking) dinner?
I'd like you (to help - helping) if you can.
The government forced companies (to hold - holding) down wage increases.
They let workers (have - to have - having) only a 5% increase.
I don't know how  ( to open - opening) this bottle.
Can you tell me where (to buy - buying) a ticket?
Do you know what (to say - saying)?
I've no idea which bus (to take - taking)
I can't decide whether (to go - going) or not.
After (to work - working) all morning, John felt tired.
On (to hear - hearing) the news, they left at once.
We like a hot drink before (to go - going) to bed.
I always have the radio on while (to do - doing) the housework.
Judy hasn't found a job since (to leave - leaving) school.
Although (to feel - feeling) tired, David didn't want to stop.
In spite of (to try - trying) so hard, I always make mistakes.
He passed the exam without (to study - studying - study).
I'm thinking about (to start - start - starting) a pop group.
Sarah's fond of (to do - do - doing) crosswords.
I'm a postman. I'm used to (walk - walking - to walk)
Have you finished ... the letter. WRITE

Barry suggested ... for a walk GO
I don't mind ... a few minutes. WAIT
We enjoy ... to music. LISTEN
... for a walk is very relaxing. GO
... for late people is annoying. WAIT
... without studying is unlikely. PASS
He asked ... to the shop manager. TALK
You've never mentioned ... in Japan before. LIVE
If keeps ... to work late, he's going to get fired! COME
Debbie plans ... abroad next year. STUDY
I agreed ... Jack wash his car. HELP
I hope ... from college next June. GRADUATE


 














Are you ready TO GO (to go - going)?
Don't forget we've got a bus TO CATCH (to catch - catching)
I don't want TO BE (to be - being) late.
They expect us TO ARRIVE (to arrive - arriving) at 7.
Do you know where TO GO (to go - going)?
I must FINISH  (to finish - finishing - finish) this homework.
Our English teacher make us WORK (to work - working - work) very hard.
I'd better DO ( do - doing - to do) it tonight, although I'd rather (go - going - to go) out.

I'm glad TO SEE (to see - seing) you all.
The game was exciting TO WATCH  (to watch - watching).
It would be more interesting TO GO OUT (to go out - going out).
The Top Club is the easiest TO FIND (to find - finding).
This piano is too heavy TO MOVE (to move - moving).
I'm not strong enough TO LIFT (to lift - lifting) it.
It's good of you TO COME (to come - coming)
It was silly of Peter NOT TO TELL (not to tell - not telling) anyone.

Have you got a book TO RED (to read - reading)
I need something TO EAT (to eat - eating)
I have some letters TO WRITE (to write - writing)

I've decided TO TAKE (to take - taking) a course in nursing.
I hope TO GET (to get - getting) a job near here.
I want to find somewhere TO LIVE (to live - living)
We've arranged TO LOOK (to look - looking) at a flat tomorrow.

Andy's father won't allow him TO USE  (to use - using) the car.
I persuaded my boss TO PAY (to pay - paying) me more money.
No one expected him TO WIN  (to win - winning).
Jill's aunt invited her TO STAY (to stay - staying) for the weekend.
Do you want me TO COOK (to cook - cooking) dinner?
I'd like you TO HELP (to help - helping) if you can.
The government forced companies TO HOLD  (to hold - holding) down wage increases.
They let workers HAVE (have - to have - having) only a 5% increase.
I don't know how  TO OPEN ( to open - opening) this bottle.
Can you tell me where TO BUY (to buy - buying) a ticket?
Do you know what TO SAY (to say - saying)?
I've no idea which bus TO TAKE (to take - taking)
I can't decide whether TO GO (to go - going) or not.
After WORKING (to work - working) all morning, John felt tired.
On HEARING (to hear - hearing) the news, they left at once.
We like a hot drink before GOING (to go - going) to bed.
I always have the radio on while DOING (to do - doing) the housework.
Judy hasn't found a job since LEAVING (to leave - leaving) school.
Although FEELING (to feel - feeling) tired, David didn't want to stop.
In spite of TRYING (to try - trying) so hard, I always make mistakes.
He passed the exam without STUDYING (to study - studying - study).
I'm thinking about STARTING (to start - start - starting) a pop group.
Sarah's fond of DOING (to do - do - doing) crosswords.
I'm a postman. I'm used to WALKING (walk - walking - to walk)
Have you finished WRITING the letter. WRITE

Barry suggested GOING for a walk GO
I don't mind WAITING a few minutes. WAIT
We enjoy LISTENING to music. LISTEN
GOING / TO GO  for a walk is very relaxing. GO
WAITING / TO WAIT  for late people is annoying. WAIT
PASSING / TO PASS  without studying is unlikely. PASS
He asked TO TALK  to the shop manager. TALK
You've never mentioned LIVING in Japan before. LIVE
If he keeps COMING to work late, he's going to get fired! COME
Debbie plans TO STUDY  abroad next year. STUDY
I agreed TO HELP Jack wash his car. HELP
I hope TO GRADUATE  from college next June. GRADUATE





Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Rewrite using relative pronouns

SPECIFIC REPORTING VERBS